Membership is about more than attending church meetings. Members commit to joining a spiritual family that provides encouragement and support. They are called to a higher degree of responsibility, service and sacrifice. Our elders and leaders pledge to assist our Members with care, counsel, prayer and teaching.
We hope that, as the Lord leads, you make a covenant to be part of our church family.
We want you to make an informed decision about joining our church. By providing a class, we can cover our beliefs and what it means to be a Member.
Baptism at MBC
For many, baptism is the first public step of obedience to Christ. If you have not been baptized following salvation, we ask you to take this step before becoming a Member. To help prepare you, our pastors are willing to meet with you and answer your questions.
- As a member of the Millington Baptist Church, I covenant with my church family to:
- Attend worship regularly, as a priority in my life;
- Participate in the observance of the Lord’s Supper;
- Devote myself to spending personal time with the Lord;
- Grow in my knowledge of God and of the Bible;
- Live in keeping with principles of Christian conduct;
- Lead others in my family to know and follow Him.
- Walk in love with my fellow believers;
- Serve the MBC family with my time and talents;
- Support the work of MBC with my financial gifts.
- Witness to the power of Jesus in my life;
- Support MBC in its efforts to reach others;
- Be part of God’s transforming work in the world around me.
- And if I move away from this area, I commit to joining with another Bible-believing church.
Signing the Covenant
The final step in becoming a member is to meet with an Elder. We will explain the covenant, listen to your testimony and answer any questions you might have. Once you fulfill the requirements of membership, sign the covenant, and are voted on by the Elders, you are considered a Member.