What We Believe
Click HERE to view our fully detailed Articles of Faith.
- We believe that the Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God, is inerrant in the original manuscripts, and is the supreme and final authority in life and faith.
- We believe in one eternal God existing equally in three eternal persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, that He is true God and true Man, and that He is the only and sufficient Mediator between God and man.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the divine person given by God to indwell and equip every believer to glorify Christ.
- We believe that Satan is a created, fallen spiritual being, the unholy god of this age, the author of sin, and destined to judgment in the lake of fire.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but sinned and thereby incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God. Therefore, all mankind is born with a sinful nature in need of regeneration.
- We believe that Jesus died in our place for our sins, that He arose from the grave and ascended into heaven, and that he will return personally and visibly to earth.
- We believe that the gift of salvation is offered by grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord, not by man’s works, and that this salvation gives the believer direct access to God.
- We believe that all who have trusted in Christ as Savior and Lord are guaranteed their salvation by God from the moment they trust in Him.
- We believe that those who trust in Christ should be baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We believe that baptism depicts the essential facts of redemption: the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. We believe that baptism also symbolizes what is true in the lives of those who have trusted in Christ: they are dead to sin and alive to Christ.
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper (Communion) is a commemoration of the Savior’s death, and, through participating, we “proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.”
- We believe that the church (local) is comprised of believers in Christ who are joined together for the glory of God through worship, instruction, evangelism, service, and fellowship. Christ’s charge to the church is to make disciples around the world.